Current affairs is an important section of all competitive exams. In this article you will get the Current Affairs Module of June 2020. This is the monthly module like previous months. This current affairs module will be extremely beneficial for upcoming SSC,Railways,IBPS,SBI exams.
Features of TextBooq‘s Current Affairs Module
- All topics are categorically distributed, thus it will be easier for students to memorize.
- All the points are short and pointed.
- There is no unnecessary points for time waste.
- Important current affairs is made bold which will help students to focus more precisely.
Let’s jump into the Current Affairs Module of June 2020
- Mohandas Pai appointed chairman of the committee on Service Provider of Insolvency and Bankruptcy of India (IBBI).
- V N Datt has been appointed CMD of National Fertilizers Limited
- Patrick Pichette is appointed new board chairman of Twitter.
- Uday Kotak appointed the President of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Krishnendu Majumdar appointed the Chairman of British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA)
- Arun Singhal become the Chief Executive Officer of FSSAI
- PR Jaishankar appointed the managing director of the India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd
- M Nethra from Madurai appointed Goodwill Ambassador for the Poor by UNADAP (United Nation Association for Development and Peace)
- Brajendra Navnit appointed India’s new ambassador to WTO
- Rohit Sharma appointed the brand ambassador of IIFL Finance.
- Pankaj Tripathi appointed brand Ambassador for Bihar Khadi
- Urjit Patel is appointed new Chairman of Economic Think Tank Finance and Policy (NIPFP)
- Sourav Ganguly and Sunil Chhetri appointed brand ambassadors for JSW Cement
- Sethuraman Panchanathan is an Indian American Scientist and appointed as Director of National Science Foundation (NSF) by US Senate
- Clare Connor is the first female to be appointed President of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC)
- Priyanka Chopra and Anurag Kashyap were the Ambassador at Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) 2020
- Lazarus Chakwera elected as new President of Malawi
Awards and Honour
- Kritika Pande, India Writer,awarded with Regional award for Asia in 2020 Commonwealth Short Story Prize for her story ‘The Great Indian Tee and Snakes’.
- An Indian NGO SEEDS (Socio-Economic and Educational Development Society) won World No Tobacco Award 2020 by WHO.
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Chairperson of Biocon Limited, honoured with EY World Entrepreneur of the Year 2020.
- Javed Akhtar becomes 1st Indian to receive Richard Dawkins Award
- 2020 World Food Prize is awarded to Dr Ratan Lal by FAO
- Shobha Sekhar, a renowned musician, conferred with Medal of Order of Australia
- The Hindu Group was awarded with Global Media Awards 2020 by International News Media Association (INMA)
- Renjith Kumar is an Aerospace Entrepreneur and is honoured with ‘NASA Distinguished Service Medal’
- Chef Angad Singh Rana has been awarded Quality NZ Culinary Cup 2020 in the category of Seafood challenge
- Deccan Development Society of Hyderabad, a NGO has won Biodiversity Award
- Amrtya Sen is awarded by German Book Trade for 2020 Peace Prize
- Gulabbai Sangamnerkar awarded with lifetime achievement award of Vithabai Naryangaokar.
- Kerala has launched a free internet project called K-FON which stands for Kerala Fibre Optic Network
- ‘Spandan Campaign’ is launched by the Chhattisgarh government to monitor and analyse the mental health of police.
- Kolkata Port Trust will be renamed as Shyama Prasad Mookerjee port.
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) has partnered with USAID (US Agency for International Development) to launch MAITREE Program,Healthy and Energy Efficient Buildings Initiative.
- Central government has launched a scheme ‘Nagar Van’ or ‘Urban Forest’ Scheme on World Environment Day 2020 (5th June)
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Human Resource Development Ministry and Ministry of Housing and Urban Development jointly launched TULIP Program. It is an Urban Learning Internship Program.
- PM SVANIDHI scheme launched by govt of India to provide affordable micro-credit loans to street vendors as a part of Atma Nirvar Bharat.
- A plantation drive called Thank Mom launched in Madhya Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh has launched “Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana” to educate child labourers
- Government of India allotted Rs 4000 crore to State governments under ‘Per drop more crop’ component of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana for FY 2020-21.
- Andhra Pradesh launched Jagananna Chedodu Scheme to provide financial assistance to COVID 19 affected families of tailors, barbers and washermen.
- Sahakar Mitra Scheme is launched by National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) aiming for financial support to interns.
- STREE or ‘She Triumphs Through Respect, Equality and Empowerment’ Programme is launched by Hyderabad city Police
- Tripura has launched a scheme called as Ektu Khelo, Ektu Padho which is an activity-based learning programme for students
- Indira Rasoi Yojana is launched by Rajasthan Government to feed the poor people
- Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme, a women empowerment scheme launched by Madhya Pradesh
- Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar’ Scheme is launched by Tripura to provide nutritious food and kits to pregnant and lactating women
- Maha Parwana’ Initiative is launched by Maharashtra to boost industrial sector
Science and Technology
- A disinfection unit called ‘Ultra Swachh’ is developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- The Indian Air Force has designed and inducted Airborne Rescue Pod for Isolated Transportation (ARPIT) to evacuate the critical patients suffering from COVID-19 in high altitude, isolated areas.
- Kathy Sullivan is a former NASA Astronaut and Geologist. She made history as she became the first woman to reach the Challenger Deep. It is the deepest point of the ocean.
- It is a dry heat treatment chamber called GermiKlean developed by DRDO to sanitize uniform of the security forces.
- Maharashtra has launched ambitious ‘Project Platina’ which is the world’s largest plasma therapy trials for COVID-19 patients
- Startup Blink has published ‘Countries Global Ranking of Startup Ecosystem 2020’. India is ranked at 23rd. The ranking report is topped by United States.
- According to, Times Higher Education (THE) Asia University Ranking report Japan is the most represented country and India is 3rd most represented country. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) ranked at 36th. There are total 8 Indian Institution which included in the ranking.
- Akshay Kumar ranked at 52nd position in the Forbes 100 world’s highest paid celebrities 2020 and the list is topped by Kylie Jenner.
- State Food Safety Index 2019-20 is released by FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India). Gujarat is the topper among the larger states.Goa is selected as topper among the smaller states. Chandigarh is topped among the Union territories in this index.
- Yale University and Columbia University jointly released Environment Performance Index 2020 where India ranked at 168th and the index is topped by Denmark
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QC) World University Ranking for 2021 is topped by Massachusetts Institute for Technology (MIT) Only 3 Indian Institutes are included IIT Bombay, IISC and IIT Delhi
- Hong Kong topped the Annual Cost of Living Survey 2020 by Mercer. Mumbai ranked at 60th is the only Indian city, which is under top 100 lists.
- Chinese Academy of Sciences holds the 1st rank in the the Nature Index 2020
- Institute for Management and Development’s (IMD) has released a 32nd World Competitive Index 2020 report. India is ranked at 43rd. The ranking is topped by Singapore.
Important Days and Themes
- 1 June: World Milk Day
- 5 June: World Environment Day. Theme: Time for Nature
- 7 June: World Food Safety Day Theme: Food safety, everyone’s business
- 8 June: World Oceans Day
- 12 June: World Day against Child Labour. Theme: COVID 19: Protect Children from Child Labour
- 14 June: World Blood Donor Day. Theme: Safe blood saves lives20 June: World Refugee Day Theme: Every Action Counts
- 21 June: International Yoga Day. Theme: Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home
- 26 June: International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking Theme 2020: Better Knowledge for Better Care
- Agneeprastha’ Missile Park was set up at INS Kalinga
- ‘Maareech’ a torpedo decoy system inducted by Indian Navy. It is developed by DRDO
- The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) has joined hands with National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to work on human spaceflight missions to the Moon, Mars and beyond.
- Kathy Lueders made history as she became the first female head of NASA’s Human Space Flight Program
- The Indian Space Research Organisation and ARIES (Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Science) signed a MOU for the joint operation in the field of Space Situational Awareness (SSA) and Astrophysics.
- NASA will be renaming it’s headquarter in Washington DC after Mary W. Jackson
Banking and Finance
- World Bank has provided a financial support of Rs 1950 crore to West Bengal as loan
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) approved $750 million loan to India to combat COVID-19
- SARAL Affordable Housing Scheme is launched by ICICI Home Finance
- Swasth Card’, a co-branded healthcare card launched by Yes Bank with Afford Plan
- France will provide 200 million euros to India to combat COVID-19
- An Artificial Intelligence based Robot called as ‘Captain Arjun’ has been inducted in Central Railway zone
- Dr Prassanna Kumar Mohanty will be the head of internal working group of RBI to review the ownership and corporate structure of Indian private sector banks
- Justice BP Katakey is appointed head of the committee to investigate Gas Leak incident at Assam’s Baghjan Oil well of Oil India Ltd
- AFC Women’s Asian Cup will be hosted by India in 2022
- India ranks at 108th in the FIFA latest rankings, while ranking is topped by Belgium
- Gomathi Marimuthu, an Indian athlete, recently banned by Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) for 4 years for testing positive for banned substances.
Apps and Portals
- ‘Champions’ web portal for MSMEs is launched by PM Modi
- Andhra Pradesh has launched an online waste exchange platform
- Karnataka launched an app Meghasandesha for real time info on rains
- India launched a web-based solution Aarogyapath for the healthcare supply chain
- Raj Kaushal Portal’ and ‘Online Shramik Employment exchange’ have been launched by the Rajasthan state Government to provide employment to migrant workers
- COVID BEEP app is a wireless physiological parameter monitoring system for coronavirus patients is launched by union Minister of north eastern region Dr. Jitendra Singh.
- Integrated Flood warning system ‘I-FLOWS’ is launched in Mumbai
- ‘Karmo Bhumi’ a job portal is launched by West Bengal to provide jobs to the IT professionals
- Science and Technology Yojana for Aatmanirbhar Bharat in Mining Advancement (SATYABHAMA) is launched by Ministry of Coal
- Union HRD Minister launched ‘Yukti 2.0’ portal to support start-ups
- Burundi’s President Pierre Nkurunziza passes away
- Hamza Koya was former Football Santosh Trophy player, passed away due to coronavirus infection
- Tony Dunne was a Footballer
- Gulzar Dehlvi was a veteran Urdu poet
- Vasant Raiji was India’s oldest first-class cricketer
- Matt Poore was a former cricketer of New Zealand
- Atul Srivastava was the Director of Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL)
- Achyut Usgaonka was former minister from Goa.
- KR Sachidanandan was Malayalam Film Director and Producer
- B P R Vithal was Veteran Economist
- Vidyaben Shah was a Padmashri awardee and a social worker
- Vishwa Bandhu Gupta was a member of parliament
- Rajinder Goel was a former Cricket player.
- Geetha Nagabhusahn was a Kannada Writer.
Books and Author
- ‘Lockdown Liaisons’ is authored by Shobha De
- ‘Naoroji Pioneer of Indian Nationalism’, authored by Dinyar Patel
- ‘Legend of Suheldev: The King who saved India’ is authored by Amish Tripathi
- India and Denmark joined hands in the field on Energy Co-operation in order to develop the power sector.
- Kyrgyzstan’s Prime Minister Mukhammedkalyi Abylgaziyev has recently announced his resignation from the Prime Minister post
- The Indian IT company Tech Mahindra has signed a declaration of United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) initiative to reduce the carbon dioxide emissions at the global level.
- TCS iON a subsidiary of TCS has partnered with National Skill Development Corporation to accelerate skill development initiative across the nation.
- India is elected a non-permanent member of UN Security Council for 2021-22, 2 years term
- India and Bhutan have signed their first Indo-Bhutan Joint Venture of 600 Megawatt Kholongchhu Hydroelectric Project
Click here to download the pdf version of Current Affairs Module of June 2020