Current affairs is an important section of all competitive exams. In this article you will get the Current Affairs August PDF Module 2020.This is the monthly module like previous months.Let’s learn.
Features of TextBooq‘s Current Affairs Monthly Module
- All topics are categorically distributed in Current Affairs August PDF Module 2020., thus it will be easier for students to memorize.
- All the one liners are brief and to the point.
- There are no unnecessary points for time waste.
- PDF is provided at the end of the article where you will find few more extra points and topics.The PDF is made mobile friendly.
- You will find Current Affairs August PDF Module 2020 at the end of the article.
- Sashidhar Jagdishan is appointed CEO of HDFC Bank, replacing Aditya Puri.
- Manoj Sinha is appointed Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, replacing Girish Chandra Murmu.
- G C Murmu is appointed new Comptroller and Auditor General of India, replacing Rajiv Mehrishi.
- Walter Roger Martos Ruiz has been elected Prime Minister of Peru.
- KN Ananthapadmanabhan is an Indian Umpire, included in ICC’s International Panel of Umpires.
- Alexander Lukashenko won the Presidential election of Belarus for the sixth consecutive time.
- Harbhajan Singh Appointed the Brand Ambassador of eBikeGO
- Singer Shahzan Mujeeb became National Brand Ambassador of Aligarh Municipal Corporation under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- Rakesh Asthana appointed the Director General of the Border Security Force.
- Rohit Sharma Appointed Oakley’s Brand Ambassador in India.
- Luis Abinader is appointed President of the Dominican Republic.
- Ritesh Shukla CEO of NPCI International Payments Limited (NIPL).
- Keith Christopher Rowley sworn in as Prime Minister of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Luis Rodolfo Abinader has been sworn in as the President of Dominican Republic.
- Ashwani Bhatia Appointed as Managing Director of SBI.
- Rajiv Kumar Appointed as New Election Commissioner as Ashok Lavasa resigns to join in ADB
- TikTok CEO Kevin Mayer has announced his resignation.
- Vinay Tonse is appointed the new MD and CEO of SBI Mutual Fund.
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs was awarded the SKOCH Gold Award for its Empowerment of tribals through IT-enabled Scholarships schemes.
- Malayalam film ‘Moothon’ and National Award-winning documentary ‘Son Rise’ won awards at the New York Indian Film Festival (NYIFF)
- Indore has won the cleanest city award in Swachh Survekshan Awards 2020
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC) India Ltd (NLCIL) bagged the Swacchta Hi Seva (Cleanliness is Service) 2019 award
- Marieke Lucas Rijneveld, the Dutch Author and has won International Booker Prize 2020 for her debut novel ‘The Discomfort of Evening’.
- Sudha Painuli has been selected for National Award to Teachers 2020
- Bharat Air Fibre Services launched at Akola, Maharashtra
- Rajasthan has launched Indira Rasoi Yojana. Poor hungry people will be provided with nutritious food at Rs 8 per plate.
- Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan has launched ‘Vidyarthi Vigyaan Manthan (VVM) 2020-21 initiative.
- Parivar Pehchan Patra an identity card is launched by Haryana
- Bharat airfibre Is launched at Akola, Maharashtra, developed by BSNL.
- Atal Innovation Mission has launched AIM iCREST with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Wadhwani Foundation together. iCREST stands for Incubator Capabilities enhancement program for a Robust Ecosystem.
- YSR Cheyutha Scheme and YSR Asara Scheme launched by Andhra Pradesh to make rural part of the state self-reliant
- Maharashtra has partnered with Google to launch virtual educational classes for the students.
- Haryana has launched launched Mahila Evam Kishori Samman Yojana & Mukhya Mantri Doodh Uphar Yojana for state’s girls & women.
- Prem Bhatia award 2020 is conferred upon Indian Express reporter Dipankar Ghose- ‘Outstanding Political Reporting of The Year 2020’ and People’s Archive of Rural India(PARI), a non-profit journalism website.
- Flipkart signs MoU with the U.P under One District, One Product or ODOP scheme
- Indira Van Mitan Yojana is launched by the Chhattisgarh to make forest dwellers of the state self-reliant.
- ‘Orunodol Scheme’ launched by Assam for the financial empowerment of women.
- India and Maldives signed MoU to develop 5 eco-tourism zones in Addu atoll of Maldives.
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has organized ‘[email protected] Summit-Mission 2022’ drawing a theme of Reinventing Technology in India. MSMEs in India should be made self-reliant and they should be made import substitutes.
- Mukhya Mantri Kisan Sahay Yojana launched by Gujarat
- Future Brand Index 2020 is the global study which ranks the leading firms over the world. Apple is ranked in the first position. Reliance Industries Ltd is ranked at the second position. Samsung is ranked at third position.
- Forbes Magazine has released the list of ‘The highest-paid actors 2020’.The list is topped by Dwayne Johnson. Akshay Kumar is placed at sixth position in the list.
- Odisha tops in the implementation of Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
- India ranked 1st in number of organic farmers and 9th in terms of area under organic farming: Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- India Ranked at 57th in Digital Quality of Life 2020 released by online privacy solutions provider SurfShark. Denmark topped the list.
- Gujarat ranked at top in the first ever “Export Preparedness Index” 2020 prepared by NITI Aayog
ICICI becomes first bank in India to use Satellite Data to assess Farmer Loans.
3 August World Sanskrit Day
6 August Hiroshima Day
10August World Biofuel Day Theme: 2020- ‘Biofuels towards Atmanirbhar Bharat’
12August International Youth Day Theme: Youth Engagement for Global Action
13August World Organ Donation Day Theme: International Left Handers Day
19 August World Humanitarian Day
19 August World Photography Day
20 August Renewable Energy Day or Indian Akshay Urja
21 August International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
29 August National Sports Day
29 August International Day Against Nuclear Tests
- The Kavkaz 2020 is a Russian strategic command-post exercise. The Kavkaz 2020 is also known as Caucasus-2020. India will be taking part in the exercise.
- Indian Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Vessel ‘Sarthak’ launched; Manufactured by Goa Shipyard Limited
- INS Viraat that served the Indian Navy for more than 30 years is to be dismantled at Alang, Gujarat.
- NASA’s biggest Mars rover named as ‘Perseverance’ landed on Jezero Crater of the Mars by United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V541 rocket from Florida Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, United States.
- Skyroot Aerospace has become first Indian Private firm to build and successfully test ‘Raman’ upper stage 3D printed rocket engine.
- India signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on space cooperation with Nigeria
- NASA observes the South Atlantic Anomaly (SAA), a strange dent in Earth’s magnetic field over South America and the nearby Atlantic Ocean which is older than 10 years is still growing and splitting.
- Optical Remote-Sensing Satellite ‘Gaofen-9 05’ is launched by China.
The Satellites launched in 2020
- UAE launched ‘HOPE’, its 1st mission to Mars
- ISRO will launch Brazil’s ‘Amazonia-1‘ satellite
- Israel launches ‘Ofek 16‘ spy satellite into space
- Iran launches 1st ever Military Satellite called ‘Noor‘
- SriLanka launched it’s 1st Satellite Named ‘Ravana-1‘.
- mpay.me is an UPI payment link service launched by MobiKwik.
- Kona Kona Umeed is campaign which offers and discounts to make banking and shopping more rewarding- launched by Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- AXAA Automated Voice Assistant is a conversational robot launched by Axis Bank
- Positive Pay Feature is the fraud prevention system launched by Reserve Bank of India.
- Paytm has launched India’s 1st Pocket Android POS (Point of Sale) Device.
- The campaign ‘Digital Apnayen’ is launched by Punjab National Bank to encourage customers for digital banking.
- ADB has approved loan of USD 1 Billion i.e. Rs 7458 crore to India for RRTS or Regional Rapid Transit System.
- The Reserve Bank of India has released ‘Framework for authorization of pan-India Umbrella Entity for Retail Payments’ a new pan-India umbrella Entity which will be set up with a capital of Rs 500 crore to manage payment systems like ATMs, Adhaar based payments, point of sale-based payments.
- HSBC India has launched Omni Collect, a One Stop Solution to businesses.
- Axis Bank has introduced ‘Liberty Savings Account‘ for the Indian Youth.
- HDFC Bank has entered into a partnership with Adobe to offer and enhance the digital experience to its customers.
- 53rd Biel International Chess Festival, Switzerland is won by Radoslaw Wojtaszek from Poland. Indian Grandmaster P Harikrishna achieved the second position.
- British Grand Prix 2020 is won by Lewis Hamilton.
- Fit India Freedom Run is organized by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- FI Spanish Grand Prix 2020 was won by Lewis Hamilton.
- INOX Group will sponsor Team India for Tokyo Olympics
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award: Rohit Sharma in Cricket, Mariyappan Thangavelu in Para Athletics, Manika Batra in Table Tennis, Vinesh Phogat in Wrestling,Rani Rampal in Hockey
- West Indies All-Rounder Dwayne John Bravo became the first bowler in International Cricket to scalp 500 wickets in Twenty20 International (T20I)
- ‘Greenlights’ is Authored by- Matthew Mc Conaughey
- ‘Siyasat Mein Sadasyata’ is Authored by Vijay Kumar Choudary
- ‘Vishesh: Code to Win’ is Authored by Nirupama Yadav
- ‘Amazing Ayodhya’ is Authored by Neena Rai
- “RAW (Research and Analysis Wing): A History of India’s Covert Operations” authored by Yatish Yadav
- ‘Our Only Home: A Climate Appeal to the World’ is written by Dalai Lama and Franz Alt
- “A Bend in Time: Writings by Children on the Covid-19 pandemic” is authored by Bijal Vachharajani
- Sharon Stone’s Memoir “The Beauty of Living Twice“
- Retired Air Vice Marshal Arjun Subramaniam has authored book “Full Spectrum: India’s Wars, 1972-2020“.
- “Disloyal: The True Story of the Former Personal Attorney to President Donald J. Trump” written by Michael Cohen.
- ‘Cricket Drona‘ is a book on the renowned coach Vasudev Jagannath Paranjpe, written by Jatin Paranjpe along with Cricket Journalist Anand Vasu.
- ‘Running Toward Mystery: The Adventure of an Unconventional Life‘ authored by Tenzin Priyadarshi and Zara Houshmand
- ‘Who painted my lust red?’ Authored by Sree Iyer
- ‘National Security Challenges: Young Scholars Perspective’ Released by – Indian Army Chief, General M M Naravane
- “Delhi Riots 2020: The Untold Story” is written by Monika Arora,Sonali Chitalkar and Prerna Malhotra
Important GK Pointer
The International Year and theme
- 2010- Biodiversity
- 2011- Forests
- 2012- Cooperatives
- 2013- Water Cooperation
- 2014- Family Forming
- 2015- Soils
- 2016- Pulses
- 2017- Sustainable Tourism for Development
- 2018(Not declared)
- 2019- Indigenous Languages
- 2020- Plant Health
Current Affairs August PDF Module 2020 is provided here. Download and ace your preparation.
You will find some extra topics and points in the Current Affairs August PDF Module 2020
You can comment if you have any more query regarding Current Affairs August PDF Module 2020.