Psychological Facts of Human Behaviour, Personality, Emotions
Psychology is the scientific study of mind and behavior of human beings and animals. It is the common chemical language that is communicating between the brain & the peripheral nervous system and the body. The word ‘Psychology’ belongs to Greek root word, ‘Psychelogia’. The first part of the word is ‘Psyche’, which means soul and the other part ‘-logia’ means research or study.
Here, we will discuss on Human Psychological Facts.
Psychology is a vast and divergent field of the human mind and its processes including behavior, development, emotion, motivation, personality etc. Psychology studying develops the ability to observe and learn. Observation skill builds the explanation power, which makes human able to predict future goals and sites. It can change and control future sites based on assumptions made.
Origin of Psychology
Croatian humanist Marko Marulic coined the Latin term ‘psychologia’ first in his book “Psichologia de ratione animae humananae”. Later, Dutch physician Steven Blankaart used the term ‘psychology’ as “which treats of the Soul”.
In the early 19th century, the idea of psychology was based on two theories depending on how one’s brain works: Structuralism and Functionalism.
- Structuralism: German psychologist Wilhelm Wundt coined the term first. He was the first to offer a separate course for psychology apart from physiology. Structuralism is sort of analyzing the adult mind depending upon the total number of simple experiences from birth to present. Structuralism completely depends upon introspection.
- Functionalism: This phenomenon is completely contrasted with structural psychology. American psychologist William James brought this approach in his book “The Principles of Psychology” in the late 19th century. Functionalism concentrates on how a brain functions to do a job as the mind is changeable. So, the structure of simple experiences is pointless.
- In 1913, American psychologist John Broadus Watson said about Behaviourism, a theory of psychology.
The concept of psychology is based on these goals:
1. Development: It develops the ability to observe and learn.
2. Observation: This skill builds the explanation power.
3. Understanding: It makes a human able to predict future goals and sites.
4. Identification: It changes and controls future sites based on assumptions made.
Based on psychological research and applications, there are 10 major types of psychological analysis.
These analysis are:
1. Biological Psychology: It shows how biological activities power cerebral functions.
2. Development Psychology: It focuses on developments in a human brain through its moral, observational, and connection.
3. Cognitive Psychology: It studies on how a human brain works. This subject focuses on processes like concentration, decision-making power, memory, etc.
4. Personality Psychology: Observations made by a human being shape the pattern of thoughts, behavior, and unique character.
5. Social Psychology: It records social influences, the effect of group psychology on a human mind and behavior.
6. Clinical psychology: Clinical psychology is the theory, and practice to predict and solve problems with adjustment, incapability, and discomfort. It focuses on the treatment and diagnosis of an individual having a mental disorder.
7. Forensic psychology: It uses the psychological research works executed for the sound justice system by catching criminals.
8. Comparative Psychology: It studies animal behavior.
9. Industrial-Organizational Psychology: studies about work performance.
10. Abnormal Psychology: It discusses psychopathology. Abnormal human behavior is a special kind of mental disorder. Psychotherapy is the treatment of this kind of psychology.
- Mind, a consciousness produced by firing neurons of the brain, enables us to think, fill, experience. The brain is a physical element and the mind is a conscious or non-physical element. So, it is very hard to define the mind.
- According to science, the mind is an abstract concept that is used to characterize all the thoughts, feelings, and consciousness that arise from the brain.
- Mind basically deals with thoughts, emotions like happiness, sadness, anger, anxiety, trust, etc., personality, attitude.
In this context, a great philosopher Rene Descartes brought the theory of “Dualism”. He believed that Dualism is a metaphysical view of all things made up of two different realities – mind and matter.
Behavior is the self-powered sequence of actions and reactions based on physic and psychology. When a situation is present in front of us, the brain starts to analyze it and the ultimate result changes our behavior according to that situation.
There are these types of behavior, depending upon the history of psychological functions:
- Molecular Behavior: It shows the unanticipated behavior without considering a situation.
- Moral Behavior: It is the expected planned behavior after considering a situation.
- Overt Behavior: It is a kind of observable behavior like talking. eating food, running, swimming, scratching, etc.
- Covert Behavior: It is an unobservable behavior like thinking.
- Voluntary Behavior: This behavior depends upon one’s desire i.e., if a person wants to walk or swim or talk.
- Involuntary Behavior: This type of behavior is natural like taking breathes.
Human behavior can be classified into four types
- Optimistic Behavior: An optimist or optimistic person has positive attitudes like hopefulness, happiness are the fuel of optimistic behavior. Optimism gives the site with optimism or positive traits on an incident.
- Pessimistic Behavior: Pessimistic behavior or pessimism rotates around negative attitudes without thinking about the right way. It is basically the opposite of optimism.
- Trustful Behavior: This kind of behavior depends on other people’s trust.
- Envious Behavior: A person with envious behavior is basically not happy with other’s optimism. These kind of people want to diminish someone else’s success or happiness.
Personality is a unique set of characters of thinking ability, feeling, behaviors in an individual human being. Behavior shapes the personality of a human being.
There are four types of personality
- Sanguine: Sanguine personality is full of activeness, enthusiasm, talkative nature, social.
- Choleric: This kind of personality remains o be independent, decisive, ambitious in natue.
- Melancholic: Melancholic persons carries analytical aspects, deep thoughts and feelings with them.
- Phlegmatic: Phlegmatic persons are very relaxed in nature. They love peaceful, quiet, smooth environment.
Human nature is a set of common thoughts, feelings and behavior. Psychology, Sociology and Sociobiology are the departments of science directly associated with human nature.
Human Nature Facts
1. It is most of the funniest people who find themselves in depression.
2. There are some phobias not real. They are inherited.
3. A dead brain contains a dream sequence of 7 minutes.
4. Music puts an impression in a person’s psychology.
Emotions are one kind of electrochemical signals that continuously flow within our body. There are eight basic emotions: Happiness, Sadness, Anger, Disgust, Fear, Surprise, Anticipation, and Trust.
Some Interesting Psychological Facts about Human Emotions
1. Emotions motivate human being to survive and thrive i.e., fear guides us to get out off the danger or anger .
2. Emotions are not like feelings or moods.
3. Our body absorbs emotions in six seconds.
4. Emotions are neutral in nature as we experience same amount of emotions either in happiness or in sadness.
5. Emotions are very much transmissible.
Psychology Facts about Looks
1. Symmetrical faces and faces with cosmetic make up attract most people.
2. An adrenaline rush makes a person more attractive.
3. When a person appears attractive, people approach to communicate.
4. Mirroring behavior attracts people to each other.
5. Aging changes a person’s personality and behavior.
6. Smiling face has an optimistic approach in people.
7. Associated colors makes a person either attractive or less attractive to another. It depends upon the choice of colors by both the persons.
8. Both lovers’ hearts beat synchronously when they stance at each other’s eyes.
Psychology Facts about Love
Love is a mix of care, intimacy, attraction, passion, trust, and commitment. Friendship, passionate love, compassionate love, infatuation – are different types of emotions of Love.
1. Love is a chemical reaction into the brain. Heart has nothing to do with that feeling.
2. It needs only 4 minutes to fall in love with a person, studies of psychology sas.
3. Being in love is a good reliever of stress.
4. People with same attractiveness often come close psychologically.
5. When the phrase “I love you” is whispered into the left ear, it has more emotional effect on the brain.
56. Relationships are considered as healthy to our body and mind.
7. Stress Cardiomyopathy or broken heart can lead us to death.
Psychological Facts about Yourself
1. People find themselves in dueling mind in many issues i.e., to eat, to sex, etc.
2. Good observation makes someone to do a job that the person had never done.
3. Our brain sees things that are in focus
4. Human brain wants more choices than it can process.
5. Importance, growth, love, reliability, allowance – these things drives basic needs of human being.
6. Our dressing sense shows the condition of our mood.
7. Human brain reacts with rejection in the same way with pain.
Psychological Facts about Conversation
1. When a person is hiding feelings before someone, then it will make the person fall for the other person.
2. Making sarcasm is a sign of healthy psychology.
3. People are loyal and honest if they swears a lot.
4. Mimicking is a rude behavior.
5. Stay side-by-side to make a potential conversation with the person.
6. People texts a lot can not introduce or express themselves in person.
7. Serial killers are very good at conversation.
Psychological Facts about Personality
1. Studies say, losing motivation is directly proportional to announcing someone’s goals to others.
2. It makes us happy to keep up with optimist people.
3. Smart people often underrate themselves.
4. Ignorant persons think that they are intelligent.
5. Singing is a good habit to reduce anxiety and depression.
Fun things about Psychology
1. People mostly care about a single person in between a disaster.
2. To eradicate a negative feeling, it needs five positive things.
3. When people get a favor, they always try to return one.
4. Humans are sure about their future is bright.
5. When people have more than one plan to execute, the first one has a greater chance to fail.
6. Many people tortures others to see anger into them.
7. When rules are too strict, people choose to break.
Creepy Psychological Facts
1. Hearing sense is the last thing to fade away after the death.
2. Born blind persons never get schizophrenia.
3. Spending money on others makes us happier.
4. Moving mouths of babies help them to listen.
5. Cuddling is a good therapy. It can be used as painkiller.
6. Trolling internet is a phenomenon of sadistic, psychopathic and narcissist human nature.
Scary Psychological Facts about Sleep
1. Sleeping Paralysis happens in our sleeping period mainly for an unfavorable gesture of sleeping.
2. Nocturnal eating disorder is the eating gesture when the person is asleep.
3. Loud sound or scary things may lead a sleeping person to exploding head syndrome.
4. REM disorder is the sleeping disorder when a person throws his limbs or kicks or punches in reality, but the brain shows a dream instead. It may result to severe physical injuries.
5. A rare mental disorder has been seen in people. Under this phenomenon, people think that their brains are dead and have started decomposing.
Psychological Facts about Studying
1. Playing Chess makes someone smart.
2. Natural green places bring the nature of discovery in students.
3. Women with higher intelligence quotient (IQ) finds it much hard to find a mate.
4. Gardening helps to improve learning ability and confidence in students.
5. Scary video games helps children to conquer their fear.
6. Failure to retrieve, failure to store, interference and intentional deletion helps people to forget things.
Amazing Psychological Facts you did not know
1. Birth order has an influence over personality.
2. Human are not able to multi-task at the same time.
3. People pay attention to food, danger and sexual intercourse.
4. It only need some fun, surprise and a mass to change habit.
5. Human like to park vehicle nearer to someone else’s.
6. Men do not use neighboring urinals with someone else.
7. Men do not ask for direction in an unknown location.