February 2021 Monthly Current Affairs PDF and Quiz
February Current Affairs 2021 questions and answers and February 2021 Monthly Current Affairs PDF and Quiz is discussed in this article. The module has been prepared for the upcoming Government Job Examinations like RBI Grade B, ECGC PO, UPSC, SSC CGL, State PSCs like WBCS, UPPSC, UP Police SI etc. Monthly Current Affairs Magazine TextBooq is organized in a categorized format. Mobile optimized pdf is provided at the end of the article.
1. The 2021 Union Budget has talked about how many pillars?
Ans: a. The Union Budget for 2021-22 rest on six pillars
- Health and well being
- Physical and financial capital. infrastructure
- Inclusive development for aspirational India
- Human capital Innovation and R&D
- Minimum government, maximum governance.
2. Which Indian private company will develop and manufacture a military aircraft in India for the first time?
a. L & T
b. Reliance Defence
c. Tata Group
d. Bharat Forge
he Tata Group will be the first private sector company, which will develop and manufacture a full military-grade aircraft in India. The Tata group has acquired intellectual property rights for a German-origin platform to integrate made-in-India sensors and payloads to convert it into an intelligence product. The aircraft will be made suitable for the high-altitude and it will be a twin-engine aircraft, capable of playing multiple roles from signal intelligence to cross-border surveillance. The aircraft is currently in the final phase of testing in Germany. Tata Advanced Systems Limited is a fully owned subsidiary of Tata Sons, a holding company for the Tata Group, headquartered in Hyderabad.
3. Who is the Dutch Nobel laureate, who coined the term ‘Anthropocene and warned of the ozone hole, has passed away recently?
a. Didier Queloz
b. Paul Jozef Crutzen
c. James Cameron
d. John Pentrose
Ans: b Paul Jozef Crutzen discovered that nitrogen pollution was capable of destroying ozone layer in the atmosphere. It is a layer of that protects all living things from the sun’s ultraviolet radiation. The harmful effect of Green House Gases were potentially dangerous and created a “hole” in the layer, above the Southern Hemisphere that threatened to leave millions of people exposed. Crutzen won the 1995 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for discovering the potential risk to the ozone layer.
4. Who is the environmental activist who has been honoured with the Sanctuary Lifetime Service Award 2020?
a. Robert Irwin
b. Dr Thangjam Dhabali Singh
c. S. Theodore Baskaran
d. None of these.
- Robert Irwin is an Australian Wildlife Photographer who has won the Wildlife Photographer of the Year People’s Choice Award.
- S. Theodore Baskaran, the writer, historian, naturalist and activist, has won the Sanctuary Lifetime Service Award 2020.
- Dr Thangjam Dhabali Singh from Manipur, doctor by profession, has been conferred with Japan’s ‘Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Rays’ decoration.
5. What is the name of the program launched by Ministry of Education to broaden and deepen the interface between Indian universities and universally recognized universities of academic importance?
Ans: a. The Global Initiative for University Networks or GIAN is a booster program launched by the Ministry of Education to broaden and deepen the interface between Indian universities and universally recognized universities of academic importance. The scheme was launched in 2015. Budget allocation for GIAN scheme doubled this financial year.
6. Who will be the next Director General of the International Solar Alliance (ISA)?
a. Ajay Jain
b. Deepak Singh
c. Jyoti Malhotra
d. Ajai Mathur
Ajay Mathur will be the next Director General of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) (International Solar Alliance Headquarter is located in Gurugram, Haryana, India)
Ajay Mathur is the director general of The Energy & Resources Institute (TERI), New Delhi. He is also a member of the Indian Prime Minister’s Council on Climate Change.
7. What is the name of the world’s first commercial rocket launch which is powered by biofuel?
a. Stardust 1.0
b. Helio 2.0
Ans: a ‘Stardust 1.0’ is the Biofuel Rocket which is launched by the US-based startup named ‘BluShift Aerospace’ from Loring Commerce Centre in Maine, US. It is the world’s first commercial rocket launch which is powered by biofuel.
8. A report titled “Traffic Crash Injuries and Disabilities: The Burden on Indian Society” has been published recently by which financial Institution?
b. World Bank
Ans: b. The report titled “Traffic Crash Injuries and Disabilities: The Burden on Indian Society” has been published recently by The World Bank.
9. International Defence Exhibition (IDEX 2021) has recently been hosted by which country?
Ans: b United Arab Emirates has hosted the 15th edition of International Defence Exhibition (IDEX 2021). It is the Naval Defence Exhibition (NAVDEX 2021). Indian Naval Ship Pralaya has participated in NAVDEX 2021.
10. ‘Saral Suraksha Bima’ is launched by which organization?
b. Future Future Generali Insurance
c. Kotak Mahindra
‘Saral Suraksha Bima’ is launched by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI). It is an accident insurance policy.