July Monthly Current Affairs 2021 Quiz
Here Textbooq is presenting July Monthly Current Affairs 2021 Quiz for upcoming competitive examinations like SBI Clerk, SSC CG, State PSC, SSC CHS etc. You should revise through our Monthly Magazine before attempting July Monthly Current Affairs 2021 Quiz.
1. Who is the brand ambassador of Khadi Prakritik Paint?
a) Amit Shah
b) Shah Rukh Khan
c) Nitin Gadkari
d) Deepika Padukone
Ans: Nitin Gadkari
Explanation: Khadi Prakritik is India’s first paint made from Cow Dung. Union MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari is the brand ambassador of Khadi Prakritik Paint.
2. Who has become the youngest-ever Chess Grandmaster?
a) Momiji Nishiya
b) Abhimanyu Mishra
c) Chryseis Knight
d) Vaidehi Dongre
Ans: Abhimanyu Mishra
Explanation: Abhimanyu Mishra, a 12 years boy, becomes the youngest-ever Chess Grandmaster in history.
3. India’s first maritime arbitration centre to be set up at which place?
Explanation: India’s first maritime arbitration center to be set up in Gandhinagar.
4. Which state government has launched the Mathru Kavacham campaign?
a) Tamil Nadu
Explanation: Kerala has launched the Mathru Kavacham campaign to vaccinate pregnant women.
5. India has started monk fruit cultivation in which of the following place?
Explanation: The cultivation of ‘monk fruit’ from China has been started in Kullu, Himachal Pradesh.
6. Which of the following is the world’s first Plasmid DNA vaccine for COVID19?
b) Sputnik V
d) Soberana 2
Explanation: World’s first Plasmid DNA vaccine for COVID19: ZyCoV-D by Zydus Cadila.
7. World Nature Conservation Day is observed on which day?
a) 3 July
b) 28 July
c) 15 July
d) 7 July
Ans: 28 July
Explanation: 28 July is observed as World Nature Conservation Day. The theme for 2021 is “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”.
8. Which of the following has developed the ‘Ti-10V-2Fe-3Al’ alloy?
d) None of the above
Explanation: DRDO has developed Ti-10V-2Fe-3Al, a high-strength metastable beta titanium alloy.
9. What does ‘M’ stand for in ‘iDREAMS’?
Explanation: NCRTC is implementing an integrated real-time enterprise management system (iDREAMS) to manage railway assets.
10. Who has directed the documentary “A Night of Knowing Nothing”?
a. Julia Ducournau
b. Vaidehi Dongre
c. Payal Kapadia
d. Landry Jones
Ans: Payal Kapadia
Explanation: Indian director Payal Kapadia wins the Oeil d’Or for her documentary “A Night of Knowing Nothing” at the Cannes film festival.
11. What does ‘B’ stand for the project “BOLD” launched recently?
Explanation: Khadi and Village Industries Commission has launched the project “BOLD”. BOLD stands for Bamboo Oasis on Lands in Drought.
12. Who has authored the book “Urdu Poets and Writers – Gems of Deccan”?
a. J.S. Ifthekhar
b. Sushant Singh
c. Dhaval Kulkarni
d. Khemlata Wakhlu
Ans: J. S. Ifthekhar
Explanation: J.S. Ifthekhar has authored the book “Urdu Poets and Writers – Gems of Deccan”.
13. Who has become the first Indian-born woman to fly into space in 2021?
a. Maana Patel
b. Anshula Rao
c. Sirisha Bandla
d. Rahi Sarnobat
Ans: Sirisha Bandla
Explanation: Sirisha Bandla will become the second Indian-born woman to fly into space after Kalpana Chawla. She will fly alongside Richard Branson (founder of Virgin Galactic).
14. Recently, Navegaon-Nagzira Tiger Reserve was in news. It is located in which state of India?
b. Madhya Pradesh
d. Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: Navegaon-Nagzira Tiger Reserve, Maharashtra is in news as a Melanistic Leopard (Black Panther) is spotted.
15. Which organization has announced to launch VIPER in 2023?
d. Both (b) and (c)
Explanation: NASA has announced that it will launch its Volatiles Investigating Polar Exploration Rover, or VIPER, in 2023. Fact: VIPER is a mobile robot. It is the first resource mapping mission on any other celestial body.
16. Recently, “Azad Ki Shaurya Gatha” exhibition was held on the honour of which freedom fighter?
a. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
b. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
c. Bhagat Singh
d. Chandra Shekhar Azad
Ans: “Azad Ki Shaurya Gatha” exhibition, which was inaugurated recently, is based on the life of Chandra Shekhar Azad.
17. Which ministry has recently launched the PRASHAD projects?
a. Tourism Ministry
b. Health Ministry
c. Home Ministry
d. Tribal Affairs Ministry
Ans: Tourism Ministry
Explanation: PRASHAD (‘National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive’) projects were recently inaugurated in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. Facts: It is a Central Sector Scheme fully financed by the Government of India. It is launched by the Ministry of Tourism.
18. AI-tool NBDriver has been launched by which of the following?
a. IIT Ropar
b. IIT Bombay
c. IIT Kanpur
d. IIT Madras
Ans: IIT Madras
Explanation: IIT Madras has built an AI-tool NBDriver (neighbourhood driver) for use in analysing cancer-causing mutations in cells.
19. Who recently wins the Bahrain Keraleeya Samajam’s Literary Award for 2021?
a. Kaushik Basu
b. Dr Rajendra Kishore Panda
c. Syed Osman Azhar Maqsusi
d. N N Pillai
Ans: N N Pillai
Explanation: Journalist N N Pillai wins the Bahrain Keraleeya Samajam’s Literary Award for 2021.
20. Which e-commerce has launched the ‘Shopsy’ app?
Explanation: ‘Shopsy’ the app is launched by Flipkart to allow online businesses without any investment.