Kanya Sumangala Yojana: How to apply, Online Registration Form
Kanya Sumangala Yojana is a proactive scheme launched by Uttar Pradesh with an aim to an inclusive upliftment of the girl child in the state. The scheme provides financial support to the families having daughters.
What is UP Kanya Sumangala Yojana or Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana (MKSY)?
Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana (MKSY) is a scheme to empower women from the childhood level. Indian society still revolves around a patriarchal mindset. It is an unfortunate but true fact, that the Indian society keeps faith in the birth of a boy child as auspicious and the birth of a girl child as unpropitious in various parts of the country. Uttar Pradesh has come out to wipe out this predominant mentality with a monetary support scheme to encourage to have a girl child. The scheme will be a powerful tool to combat multilayered social menace like female foeticide, low sex ratio, child marriage etc. This far-sighted scheme will reduce gender discrimination within society. The financial support of the scheme will secure the social status along with it will also help the development of the child. The development assistance would therefore boost in higher education and employment among the girl child in future.
Eligibility of Kanya Sumangala Yojana
- The parents of the girl child should be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- The upper cap of the number of girl child from a family is two.
- A bank account is to be opened within 6 months of the birth of the girl child.
- The family income must be within the rage Rs.3 Lakh per year.
- The family of an adopted girl child will also get the benefit of the scheme.
- In case there are twin girls in a family, the third girl child will also be covered under the scheme.
Salient Features of the Scheme
The beneficiary will be provided with Rs.15000 in total in a phased manner by the State Government. The financial support will be disbursed to the corresponding bank account of the beneficiary in a total of six instalments.
Here is a brief description of the instalments on different levels.
Level Installment Amount (Rs) Remarks 1 2000 On the birth of girl child born on or after 1st April 2019 2 1000 After Vaccination in One year 3 2000 On the admission in 1st standard 4 2000 On the admission in 6th standard 5 3000 On the admission in 9th standard 6 5000 On the 10th/12th standard & admission in Bachelor’s degree or Diploma course
The scheme will provide additional two lakh rupees on the completion of 21 years of age of the girl child to further assist her in future development.
Documents Required for the Online Registration
Here is a list of documents which are necessary for the registration of Sumangala Yojana.
- Scanned copy of Aadhaar Card of the Parent or Guardian.
- Ration Card.
- Bank Account Details including a scanned copy of the first page of the Passbook.
- Proof of annual income of the family.
- Passport size photos of the Parents or Guardian and Girl Child.
- Joint Family photo.
- Domicile certificate of the Parent or Guardian.
- The certificate of adoption for an adopted child.
- Valid mobile number is mandatory for further updates and communication.
- Death Certificate of deceased parents or guardian in case of death.
- Affidavit Certificate.
How to Apply Kanya Sumangala Yojana online
Online registration for Kanya Sumangala Yojana is accepted online through the official Chief Minister Kanya Sumangala Yojana website.
Click here to visit the official website of Kanya Sumangala Yojana apply online
Click here to read the official notification
Direct Link to Kanya Sumangala Yojana Online Registration Form
- Step 1: New User – Register Yourself, must read the terms and conditions and then click on ‘I Agree’
- Step 2: Fill the online registration form and click on ‘Send OTP’ to verify using a valid mobile number.
- Step 3: Verify the registration by the OTP received on the mobile number.
- Step 4: Login the portal using the details created by the user.
- Step 5: After the completion of the form click on the ‘Submit’ button.
It is to be noted that the online registration of the scheme can be made on the website www.mksy.up.gov. through any cyber cafe or in the public utility centre / CSC centre. Those who are unable to fill their form, are advised to visit the office of Block Development Officer, SDM, District Probation Officer, Deputy Chief Probation Officer for additional information and guide.
Kanya Sumangala Yojana 2020 status check can be done by logging in the portal by providing accurate credentials.
Click here to check the Kanya Sumangala Yojana or MKSY status.
The scheme like Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana (MKSY) would be instrumental to combat social injustice towards women if implemented properly. The central government also launched the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme with a similar objective. So, in such cases, the convergence of the similar type of schemes should be given proper administrative attention. The scheme’s implementation was hit the COVID 19 pandemic, however, the growth of the scheme in the post-pandemic phase has not been so intense. It is to be noted that there was only 9000 application before the pandemic situation. It is quite obvious that numerous applications were rejected too due to the errors in Kanya Sumangala Yojana online registration form. Hence, the figure is far away from the objective of its inclusive coverage. Uttar Pradesh government should initiate focused awareness campaign across the state through proper channel. The post-pandemic interaction would be challenging for the state government.
The scheme could be a straight eye-opener for the other states too. The other states also should opt for schemes like Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana (MKSY). We know that ” A nation can not grow unless the women are empowered“. But the practical implementation of the thought is way too poor to access. India can truly empower women only if there are proper co-ordination and strict implementation of such schemes in a maximum number of states together.