Akash Missile System
- The Union Cabinet of India has approved the export of indigenously-developed Akash Missile System.
- The Akash missile is a medium-range mobile surface-to-air missile defence system developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation.
- Akash missile has a range of 25 km
- It is capable to simultaneously engage multiple targets in all weather conditions.
- Akash Missile System is currently being used by Indian Army & Indian Air Force.
- Akash Missile System was inducted in 2014 in the Air Force and in 2015 in the Indian Army.