- The organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) is the second-largest intergovernmental organization, just after the United Nations. It has a member strength of 57 states.
- The org is the voice of the Muslim world to safeguard and protect the interests of the Muslim world, along with promoting international peace and harmony.
- It was established in Rabat, Kingdom of Morocco, in 1969.
- Headquarters: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- India is not a member of the OIC.
Why in news?
Recently OIC has criticised Indian policies over Jammu and Kashmir.
India’s stance: India has rejected the criticism by citing it as “factually incorrect and unwarranted”
Note: Key leaders in OIC like Saudi Arabia and the UAE were not critical over India on this issue.