- Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana aims to bring about the Blue Revolution through the sustainable and responsible development of the fisheries sector in India.
- It has an estimated investment of Rs. 20,050 crores during a period of 5 years from FY 2020-21
- PMMSY is focused at enhancing fish production by an additional 70 lakh tonne by 2024-25
- PMMSY aims at doubling of incomes of fishers and fish farmers, reducing post-harvest losses.
Aims and objectives of PMMSY
- Harnessing of fisheries potential in a sustainable, responsible, inclusive, and equitable manner
- Enhancing of fish production and productivity through expansion, intensification, diversification and productive utilization of land and water
- Doubling fishers and fish farmers incomes and employment generation.
- Social, physical, and economic security for fishers.
- Robust fisheries management and regulatory framework