Skip to content
- 22 December is celebrated as National Mathematics Day in the honour of the great mathematician Srinivas Ramanujan (22 December 1887 – 26 April 1920)
- It was started by Manmohan Singh in 2012.
- Ramanujan discovered a special number which is the sum of two different pair of cubes 1079= 103+93 and 1079= 123+13, hence the Srinivasa Ramanujan number is 1079.
- The biography of Srinivas Ramanujan: ‘The Man Who Knew Infinity: A Life of the Genius Ramanujan’
- The English mathematician G. H. Hardy at the University of Cambridge, England recognized Ramanujan’s work as extraordinary.
- Ramanujan was born on 22 December 1887 into a Tamil Brahmin family in Erode, Tamil Nadu, India.