Skip to content
- India has become the first country in the world to receive the Blue Flag Certification for 8 beaches in a single attempt.
- The Blue Flag certification is carried out by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) to certify the quality of a beach, marina, or sustainable boating tourism operator meets its standards.
- The Blue Flag is a trademark owned by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE).
- EEE is a not-for-profit non-governmental organisation.
- EEE contains 65 organisations in 60 member countries.
- FEE’s Blue Flag criteria include standards for quality, safety, environmental education and information, the provision of services and general environmental management criteria.