- Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) is a programme in Higher Education.
- The National Institute of Technology, Tiruchi launched GIAN programme in 2015.
- It is a program under the Ministry of Human Resource and Development.
- Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN) in Higher Education is focused on tapping the talent pool of scientists and entrepreneurs at a global scale to encourage their involvement with the institutes of Higher Education in India
- The approach will foster India’s academic resources and uplift India’s scientific and technological capacity to compete at a global scale.
- The programme also allows the participation of foreign faculty in Indian Institutes.
- The initiative will include all IITs, IISc, IIMs, Central Universities, Bangalore, IISERs, NITs etc at the beginning.
Impact of COVID-19 on Indian Economy and Labour Force The outbreak of COVID-19 has hit all sectors of economic activity such as aviation, retail, tourism, capital markets, MSMEs to an extreme end. India, which is Read more…