- National Deworming Day Programme is implemented by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, in collaboration with the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Education and technical assistance from WHO and the technical partners.
- National Deworming Day Programme was launched in 2015.
- National Deworming Day Programme is a biannual single day programme i.e observed on 10th February and 10th August through the platforms of schools and anganwadis.
- Children and adolescents are provided Albendazole tablets across 25 States/UTs.
- Albendazole tablet has been approved by the WHO. This medicine is used for the treatment of intestinal worms in children and adolescents.
Impact of COVID-19 on Indian Economy and Labour Force The outbreak of COVID-19 has hit all sectors of economic activity such as aviation, retail, tourism, capital markets, MSMEs to an extreme end. India, which is Read more…