- Project Dolphin will be implemented by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- The project is launched aiming at saving river and marine dolphins.
- The project will be operating in line with the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG)
- Importance of the Project: Gangetic dolphin is at the top of the food chain. Protection of the Dolphin and its habitat will ensure a healthy aquatic life.
- The Gangetic dolphin remains listed as Endangered by the IUCN.
- Ganga Action Plan was launched in 1985.
- Gangetic Dolphins are in the First Schedule of the Indian Wildlife (Protection), Act 1972
Indian Railways Current Affairs 2020 Pdf for RRB NTPC RRB NTPC 2019 notification was released in February 2019. Now almost after one and a half year, the most anticipated exam is going to be scheduled Read more…