Skip to content
- Serum Institute of India has developed a pneumococcal vaccine, ‘Pneumosil‘.
- It is India’s first fully indigenously developed pneumococcal vaccine.
- Serum Institute of India was founded by Cyrus Poonawalla in 1966.
- Serum Institute of India Headquarters of Serum Institute located in Pune.
- Serum Institute of India has tied up with pharma firm AstraZeneca, which is developing a vaccine named ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 in partnership with Oxford University.
- Serum Institute would provide 10 crore (100 million) doses of the vaccine in India and other low and middle-income countries.