- The United Kingdom and France will be co-hosting the Climate Ambition Summit 2020 with the United Nations in partnership with Chile and Italy in December, the commemorate the completion of five years since the adoption of the Paris Agreement.
- The Summit has been named as “the sprint to Glasgow”, in the context of the delayed UN Climate Conference (COP26) which is scheduled to be held in Glasgow in November 2021.
Speakers of the event
- UN Secretary-General António Guterres
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson
- Prime Minister of Italy Giuseppe Conte
- President of France Emmanuel Macron
- President of Chile Sebastián Piñera
- COP26 President Alok Sharma