Skip to content
- Recently, various environmental activists have come together to protest against the Anakkayam Small Hydro Electric Project in Kerala.
- The project is set to come up through the buffer zone of the Parambikulam Tiger Reserve (PTR).
- The area is ecologically fragile, previously experienced many massive landslides causing loss of precious flora and fauna species.
- Controversy: The project was approved without the permission from the local Kadar tribe which holds the right of Community Forest Resources (CFR) as per the Forest Rights Act, 2006.
- Athirapally Hydro Electric Project (AHEP) on the Chalakudy river in Thrissur district is not very far away from the project.