- Inter-state water disputes between Karnataka and Goa.
- The project undertaken by Karnataka aiming to divert Mandovi river water from Kalasa and Banduri canals into the Malaprabha river in the state through the construction of 11 dams over the river.
- Goa is opposing the project as it is claiming that diversion of Mandovi river water would strip the state’s flora and fauna.
- The project received approval from the Centre in 2002.
- The Mandovi originates from Karnataka’s Belgaum district.
Indian Railways Current Affairs 2020 Pdf for RRB NTPC RRB NTPC 2019 notification was released in February 2019. Now almost after one and a half year, the most anticipated exam is going to be scheduled Read more…