Weekly Current Affairs 2021 PDF: June 14-20
- Novak Djokovic wins the French Open defeating Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Naftali Bennett is the new Israel Prime Minister. He has replaced Benjamin Netanyahu
- The G7 has unveiled a global infrastructure plan called “Build Back Better World” (B3W) to counter Beijing’s multi-trillion-dollar Belt And Road Initiative(BRI).
- Akshay Kumar becomes the Brand Ambassador of Biotechnology Firm Mylab Discovery Solutions.
- Rebeca Grynspan, Costa Rican Economist, appointed as Secretary-General of UNCTAD (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development)
- 14 June: World Blood Donor Day Theme: Give blood and keep the world-beating
- The Indian Coast Guard has pressed into service an aircraft for ‘Operation Oliva’ to protect Olive Ridley turtles.
- SpaceX has launched SiriusXM-8 radio satellite into orbit.
- Prof Shailesh Ganpule, from IIT Roorkee, won the ‘NSG Counter-IED & Counter-Terrorism Innovator Award 2021’.
- The Haryana announced the “Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme”.
- Union Defence Minister approved budgetary support of Rs 498.8 crore to innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) – Defence Innovation Organisation (DIO)
- ‘Believe-What Life and Cricket Taught Me’: an autobiography of Suresh Raina
- Raja Parba festival of Odisha dedicated to Mother Earth is celebrated.
- The National Geographic magazine has recognised the ‘Southern Ocean’ as the world’s fifth ocean.
- Revv Up is an AI-based application, launched by Telangana to enhance and empower startups.
- WISA Woodsat is a nanosatellite, which would be the world’s first wooden satellite to be launched by New Zealand.
- Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways and Ministry of Culture, set to build National Maritime Heritage Complex at Lothal, Gujarat.
- Shagun is the contactless prepaid gift card, was launched by LIC Cards Services Ltd, powered by IDBI Bank on the RuPay platform.
- ‘Deep Ocean Mission’ will be launched by the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES).
- Microsoft Corporation appointed CEO Satya Nadella to be their Chairman, replacing John Thompson.
Weekly Current Affairs 2021 PDF
Share The Article