Weekly Current Affairs 2021 PDF: June 7-13
- Thomas Vijayan has won the 2021 Nature TTL Photography Awards for his photo ‘The World is Going Upside Down’
- Ranjitsinh Disale, a teacher from Maharashtra, was appointed as the World Bank Education Advisor.
- Narendra Modi launched the E-100 pilot project in Pune, Maharashtra for the production and distribution of ethanol in India.
- INS Sandhayak, the first of its class indigenously designed and built Hydrographic Survey Ship of Indian Navy, recently decommissioned.
- Sergio Perez has won Azerbaijan Grand Prix. He is a Mexican racing driver (Red Bull).
- ‘1232km: The Long Journey Home’ is written by Vinod Kapri
- ‘Water Burial’, a movie from Arunachal Pradesh and it has won the best film National Award on environment conservation at 67th National Films Awards 2021.
- Tsinghua University in China acquired the top spot in the Times Higher Education (THE) Asia University Rankings 2021. IISc Bangalore, India is ranked at 37th position.
- Kerala launched the ‘Knowledge Economy Mission’ to enhance job prospects in the state by supporting knowledge workers.
- Anup Chandra Pandey has been appointed the Election Commissioner replacing Sunil Arora.
- India is elected as a member of the UN Economic & Social Council (ECOSOC) for the term 2022-24.
- The USA has introduced the EAGLE Act or Equal Access to Green cards for Legal Employment Act of 2021 to help US Economy.
- QS World University Rankings 2022: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) of the US is the top university. Indian Institutes of Technology in Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur and Madras were included in the top 1000 list.
- Prime Minister announced the ‘Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors’ (YUVA) scheme, a mentorship programme to train young authors.
- The Indian Navy would receive MH-60 Romeo helicopters from the United States of America.
- United Nations rights experts warned of mass deaths from starvation and disease in Kayah State in Myanmar.
- India’s first International Maritime Services Cluster will be established by Gujarat Maritime Board (GMB) at GIFT City.
- Tsitsi Dangarembga, a Zimbabwean novelist and won the 2021 Pen Pinter Prize.
- Ukhnaa Khurelsukh is appointed the 6th President of Mongolia, replacing Khaltmaa Battulga.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit has published Global Liveability Index 2021. Auckland, New Zealand acquired the best city.
- 12 June: World Day Against Child Labour Theme: ‘Act now: End child labour!’
Download the Weekly Current Affairs 2021 PDF: June 7-13
Share The Article