Weekly Current Affairs 2021 PDF: June 1-6
- Valeria Luiselli, a Mexican Author, has won International Dublin Literary Award 2021 for her novel ‘Lost Children Archive’.
- China launched cargo spacecraft named ‘Tianzhou-2’ through Long March -7 Y3 rocket.
- ‘Languages of Truth: Essays 2003-2020‘ is written by Salman Rushdie.
- ‘BRICS Foreign Ministers Meeting‘ was hosted by India and was chaired by Union Foreign Minister S Jaishankar.
- India launched the Mission Innovation CleanTech Exchange, a global initiative aimed at creating a network of incubators across member countries to accelerate clean energy innovation.
- Indian economist Kalpana Kochhar, who heads the Human Resources Department of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), set to join the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation after retirement.
- Sir Anerood Jugnauth was former PM and President of Mauritius has passed away
- The Magma Fincorp has appointed Adar Poonawalla as its chairman.
- The CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory (CSIR-NCL), Pune has launched a new technology ‘SWASTIIK’ that uses natural oils to
- The IIT Ropar has developed India’s first indigenous temperature data logger named ‘AmbiTAG’ for the cold chain management.
- The Centre for World University Rankings (CWUR) has released World University rankings for 2021-22, the list is topped by Harvard University. IIM Ahmedabad has topped from Indian Institute, however, it is placed at 415th in the world rank.
- The second BRICS Sherpas’ and Sous Sherpas’ meeting was convened under India.
- Tsang Yin-Hung from Hong Kong broke the record and became the fastest female climber to reach the peak of Mount Everest.
- Manama, the Capital city of Bahrain topped the AIRINC Global 150 Cities Index for Financial Attractiveness ranking.
- ‘Savarkar: A contested Legacy (1924-1966)‘ is written by Vikram Sampath.
- Cricketer and coach Ravi Shastri is the author of the book ‘Stargazing: The Players in My Life‘.
- China has reported the world’s first known human case of the H10N3 strain of bird flu.
- India’s Pooja Rani has won the gold medal in the 75kg Women’s Middle category final at the 2021 Asian Amateur Boxing
Championships, in Dubai.
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation conducts “Steadfast Defender 21 war games” military exercises across the Atlantic, through Europe and into the Black Sea region.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan has been awarded the ‘WHO Director-General Special Recognition Award’ for his accomplishments in the
area of tobacco control.
- The Research Design and Standards Organization (RDSO), sets standards for the Indian Railway Sector has become the first standards
body in the country to join the ‘One Nation, One Standard’ scheme.
- Devika project in Udhampur is in news. It is North India’s first- of- its- kind project located in Udhampur, Jammu & Kashmir under the National River Conservation Plan (NRCP)
- PENCIL portal is a Platform for Effective Enforcement for No Child Labour, is in news recently, it comes under the Ministry of Labour.
- IRIS Kharg, the biggest navy ship of Iran is lost in the Gulf of Oman under unclear circumstances.
Download the Weekly Current Affairs 2021 PDF: June 1-6
Share The Article